Security Basics mailing list archives

AW: VMWare and Windows 2000

From: "Shade" <Shade.TGMC () gmx de>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 01:20:16 +0200

Hello Swanepoel,

First: Sorry for my bad english!
Well... the bridge feature is still not the easiest way. I have
installed the same scenario on my computer. In bridge mode windows still
alert about a IP address conflict with an other system. I have tried
DHCP at Linux just like static IP addresses. No solution! My Linux is
still "offline" in this VMware Sandbox, no ping no dns resolution,
nothing...

But the solution with bridge mode should work... at least the
instructions promise this ... ;)

Regards
Shade