Security Basics mailing list archives

SecurityFocus Article Announcement

From: Stephen Entwisle <se () securityfocus com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:46:16 -0600 (MDT)

Greetings,

The following two articles are now available for viewing on the
SecurityFocus Web site:

Specter: A Commercial Honeypot Solution for Windows

By Lance Spitzner

This is the third installment in an ongoing series of articles looking at
honeypots. In the first two papers, we discussed the OpenSource honeypot
Honeyd, how it works, and a deployment in the wild. In this paper we will
look at a different honeypot, the commercially supported solution,
Specter.

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1683

Steganography Revealed

By Kristy Westphal

Steganography is a means of protecting the confidentiality of data by
"hiding" it within a larger file of data. This technique can be used for
both legitimate and illegitimate purposes. This article will offer a brief
introductory discussion of steganography: what it is, how it can be used,
and the implications it can have for security.

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1684

Stephen Entwisle
Moderator, Security-Basics
SecurityFocus
http://www.securityfocus.com
(403) 213 3939 ext. 235

Is SPAM over-loading your e-mail server, disk space or bandwidth?
SurfControl E-Mail Filter is flexible, intelligent and policy-driven
protection.
http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-security-basics2
Download your free fully functional trial, complete with 30-days of free technical support.
Stop SPAM before it stops you.