Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Security Central Consoles

From: ATD <simon () snosoft com>
Date: 25 Oct 2002 18:42:41 -0400

Davin,
        Some software may be ideal for come clients, however it may not be
ideal for others.  My point is that the "best" software for the
"problem" really depends on who is going to purchase it and what they
need.  I am not sure how other people on this list feel about this, but
my opinion is that security software can not possibly match all networks
needs.  Software however configurable, is still static at some level and
thus can not possibly cover all requirements for all networks.

Software = static
Networks = dynamic

So choice A may be best for client 1
and choice B may be best for client 2

So the question is, the best products for what kind of network?