Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: encrypt ftp service?

From: "Trevor Cushen" <Trevor.Cushen () sysnet ie>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:14:24 +0100

Sftp which is part of the ssh you have installed already.  Sftp clients are available for all platforms.  If it is a
case that you have ftp scripts etc and just want the encryption on the traffic the stunnel is also available on all
platforms.
The point you make about the ports being a problem then you can change them by changing the /etc/services file and/or
providing the port as part of the ftp session.

Trevor Cushen
Sysnet Ltd

www.sysnet.ie
Tel: +353 1 2983000