Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Need Help Building Linux Based Firewall

From: j m <security () wirerats org>
Date: 27 Nov 2002 20:23:28 -0000

Hello,

From my experience and knowledge that I have gathered throughout the net I
believe that OpenBSD is prolly the best OS to use as a firewall.  If you
are looking at Redhat linux I would go with a Server install without X and
use Bastille to harden your box (http://www.bastille-linux.org).  If I was
you I would scour through the last few days of posts and look at some of
the interesting posts regarding *nix firewall setup.  There have been some
real good posts that should be able to answer more of your in-depth
questions.

jm