Security Basics mailing list archives

NFS with IPSec

From: "Trevor Cushen" <Trevor.Cushen () sysnet ie>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 09:07:51 -0000

Hello,

Quick question.  Has anyone setup a IPSec VPN link for remote users and
used NFS (standard not secure) through it.
I want to set up a W2K box with IPSec and two cards.  A wireless AP on
one side and my network on the other.  The user comes in through the
wireless but the security and encryption is a lot higher and better
(imho).  All is flying along very nicely but the NFS traffic, well
authentication anyway won't work.  I bypass the IPSec machine it all
works fine.  Introduce IPSec and nothing.

Any ideas????

Trevor Cushen
Sysnet Ltd

www.sysnet.ie
Tel: +353 1 2983000
Fax: +353 1 2960499

If you have received this message in error please notify SYSNET Ltd., at
telephone no: +353-1-2983000 or postmaster () sysnet ie