Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Securing DNS Server

From: "Mustafa Baig" <mbaig () meikoamerica com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 10:33:20 -0800

Not always true, depends on the DMZ setup.

I've DMZ->WAN blocked as well as WAN->DMZ. Port 53 is opened for DNS
queries and the ISP DNS servers are configured at forwarders. Otherwise
all ports and traffic is blocked.

You can just use your ISP DNS servers as forwards if you don't want to
open the ports for root servers.

Regards
--
Mustafa Baig