Security Basics mailing list archives

Wireless LAN Design at public places

From: <Leonard.Ong () nokia com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 12:09:25 +0800

Hi,

Anyone has URL or experiences at designing WLAN at public Places.  I would like to replicate a good implementation,
I've seen in one airport.  Once we have joined the WLAN using auto-detect accesspoint, my notebook was assigned IP
address. However, even the next hop / default gateway is not reachable (destination unreachable - ACL?) and so does any
other services.

It is only when I have authenticate via webpage ( the browser redirects me to the auth page, regardless whatever URL I
have typed in ), then access is allowed to any.

Thanks... I am particularly intrested on how you can block access even to the def. gateway.

Regards,
Leonard Ong