Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Preventing DHCP from allocating IPs

From: "jon kintner" <jon.kintner () lvcm com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 11:03:42 -0800

I know mac addresses can be spoofed pretty easily, but could you setup an
access list or filter that would disallow all mac addresses except for the
ones specified on your network(s)?
The initial setup would probably be tedious, but it's worked fairly well to
keep most unauthorized logins off the network at the college I attend.

-jon kintner