Security Basics mailing list archives

Logoff Problem

From: "Chris Berry" <compjma () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 11:50:01 -0800

I recently downgraded my security from NTLMv2 only to NTLMv2 refuse LM responses.(for SAMBA) We're having an intermittant problem where some users can't log off of win2kpro. I don't have profile limits set. Basically what happens is they go to start, logoff, then hit yes, and it just drops back to the desktop and never logs them off. I don't see how it could be related to the NTLM change but I don't have any other thoughts at the moment, anyone out there have a clue what's going on?

Chris Berry
compjma () hotmail com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"And here in our server room you can see our Beowolf Cluster of C64's that keeps our enterprise on the very cutting edge of technology."